www.flickr.com

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Letting Go....


I think it was right before Christmas break of last year....
I decided that I needed to let go...
Let go of the over scheduled life I was living...
Let go of saying yes to everyone and everything...
Let go of feeling guilty for saying no....
Let go of toxic relationships...
Let go of drama....
I began asking myself why?
Why was I doing all of this stuff anyway?
Self worth? Validation?
I was trying to make everyone except myself happy...
Sacrificing my truth...
Silencing my voice...
I was putting myself in stressful situations....
I was doing it to myself...
The stress was making me ill...
So I decided to turn it around....
Let it ALL go....
I decided to start focusing on myself and my family....
I decided to slow everything down...
I decided to be present...
I decided to be Mindful...
I decided to return to the things that make me happy...
The things that I am passionate about...
The things that have TRUE meaning....
The things that make a difference...

And what did I gain from letting go?
Peace, Joy, Beauty, Freedom, Happiness, Self Worth,Validation....
It was always there...
I just had to find it again.



No comments: